Saturday, October 6, 2012

Confession: I think I LOVE my minivan.




With our growing family, and a tendency to take long road trips to visit Washington and Oregon, Seth and I decided we needed a vehicle with third row seating. I wanted an SUV with a full-size cargo space and three rows and good gas mileage..  In the end what I had actually wanted was out of our price range are really wasn’t practical.  We both decided on a minivan because the gas mileage was way better than our old Pathfinder, it has TONS of space (almost too much with only two kids) AND it was in our price range.  I am now a proud owner of a 2007 Honda Odyssey… It’s hard to believe that I am only 22 and already driving a minivan. I remember growing up and thinking that minivans are for that busy soccer mom with 5 kids... Little did I know they are quite practical, they really aren’t as ugly looking as they used to be. And? They drive like a dream...

We were actually looking for an Outback for Seth’s new work vehicle but came across this beauty on Craigslist. We love it already after having it for just two days and am excited just thinking about our future road trips (whenever that may be)


 I feel pretty blessed that Seth and I are even able to afford this new vehicle. I remember when we were first married Seth had to sell his guns just so we can afford to eat.. E4 pay was a little difficult =/ God has blessed us beyond words with Seth promotion as an E7.  Hopefully we will be even more blessed to fill this van with more McDowell babies =)   



0 comments:

Post a Comment