Thursday, October 18, 2012

MOPS


For the past 3 years I have been involved in a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group from 2 different churches. At first I was hesitant to join because often times I am too paranoid to go outside of my comfort zone to meet new people. I was young and still am, so I felt like my experience as a mother would be nothing compared to the other woman around me. I thought because my age I would be talked about and looked down on. Little did I know, there were many other women in the same boat as I, young, only married for a couple of years and desperate to make friends and be around other mothers. If you have the opportunity to join a MOPS group I would highly recommend it. These past two months have been really hard for me; I have gone through so much but have been taken care of by these lovely moms who would bend over backwards for me. They have gone out of their way to prepare many meals and to help me with my children for whatever reason. If I did not join a MOPS group 3 years ago I would have missed out on so much. Listening to other moms who go through the same things I deal with on a daily basis. Often times I thought I was the only one dealing with a crazy child. These women assure me that it’s normal and that I am doing a great job. They give me tips, great advice and reassurance, something I really needed as a new mother and still need today. One thing I really look forward to is listening to the speakers that come every 4 weeks. These speakers give great advice on cooking, the challenges we face as parents and even my marriage. Not only am I learning, being loved on and having great fellowship, Levi and Rebekah are being well taken care of in MOPPETS. I get a break for 2 hours while they play with other children and learn something new. If I didn’t join a MOPS group I would have missed out on all of this and so much more.

Thank you MOPS moms for encouraging me to be the best mom I can, showing me that I do not have to be perfect, being supportive and most of all for your friendship =)
 
 
http://www.mops.org/page.php?pageid=70&srctype=menu


So far this last month we have had 2 play groups. One was at McDonals and the other was yesterday decorating pumpkins. I wish I would have taken more pictures, but I was really busy helping the little one.




0 comments:

Post a Comment