Thursday, April 18, 2013

17 weeks =)

Dang!! Its been since December since I have last posted... Sorry guys, we have been pretty busy.


Somehow I have made it to 16+ weeks without telling anyone I was pregnant, not sure if people had already thought it or thought I have a little to much to eat. I felt that some would question our decision on becoming parents again just 6 short months after losing our son Judah, almost as if we were replacing him with another child. The truth is, if you have experienced the loss of a child then you know that having another child 9 months later or even 10 years later does not replace the one you have lost. Losing a child and giving birth to a healthy baby will never make what happened better or fix what happened. Judah will always be my son no matter the circumstance. I carried him for 9 months and held him in my arms for 7 short hours. To me that is everything and nothing can ever replace that. So for those that have a problem or see this as unhealthy for my family, I am proud to say that I am pregnant with Judah’s little brother and no one can change that.

As most of you know by now, we are having another boy. We chose the name Asher because 1) it’s Awesome and we have never met another person with his name 2) because Asher means fortunate, blessed and happy. All of these were feelings I experienced Valentines Day, the day I found out we were having another baby.

I knew from the begging that we were going to have a boy. Seth daydreamed about having another girl running around but I just felt that God was going to bless me again with another boy. I’m not really sure how to explain it but it was an amazing feeling getting the ultrasound and confirming that what I felt was right.

(Today while writing this I am exactly 17 weeks and 5 days, boy has time-flown bye. Before I know it we will be holding our little Asher.)

Seth and I are not used to having a “normal” calm life so in the midst of becoming pregnant we thought why not celebrate what we have been though with renewing our vows and having a real wedding =) After losing Judah, Seth and I had a few rough patches… Mainly I felt that he didn’t understand what I was feeling and he felt I didn’t understand how he was feeling (as if we didn’t go through this together) Things are SOOO much better than they were and a renewal of vows just felt right. We both have been though more than most and I know our marriage can withstand anything. I hope family and friends can find the time to enjoy this special day with us.

There is not much to write about this pregnancy because it has been smooth sailing. No problems what so ever as of now… I am hoping it stays that way. My Dr. told me that they would be inducing me at 38 weeks and 6 days just to be safe and to keep me from stressing while hitting the 39 week mark (we lost Judah at 39 weeks) I really wanted a home birth or as natural as possible rather than being induced.  Seth ad I felt that getting induced and being monitored would be best in our situation. As long as our baby is healthy and a good size then I am ok with any way he enters this world.   We will be getting an ultrasound on the 8th of May; this will be the ultrasound where we see if there is anything wrong with Asher. At the 20 weeks ultrasound with Judah we found out that he had the two-vessel cord. Please pray that I can be calmed that day and everyday after till we hear back from the Dr. I’m pretty positive that things will be fine though =)

Although I am not a believer in the “pregnancy glow” except having oily skin, gaining fat and not fitting into anything I have felt pretty great. I had an early glucose text which came out negative but I have to go back when I hit 30 weeks =/ Gestational diabetes is NOT fun to have so I am praying I can avoid going thought that again. Here are a few pictures of my baby bump as well as Asher’s 16 weeks ultrasound.

Oh and I HAVE felt him kick. So, so amazing!!




1 comments:

The McDowell Clan - TN Branch said...

I am so excited to hear about our newest nephew! I can't wait to welcome Asher into the craziness of the McDowell family :) We are so excited for you guys as you embark on this pregnancy and will definitely keep you, Asher, and the pregnancy in our prayers! Love you!
-Crystal

Post a Comment