Thursday, December 12, 2013

Finally…A Ceremony






So it only took 6 years, but Angel finally got her ceremony. While I was in Germany in February, I decided it had to be this year or not at all since my future really had no guarantee that I would have any time off. I told Angel I would give her a wedding, and like all the other times, she said "yeah, ok". So I emailed Ryan Flynn for the most important aspect of the ceremony (pictures) and began making plans. After a while, Angel caught on as it seemed to be more and more likely to actually happen. Once I got my leave form approved, the photographer set up, and the chapel reserved, the planning went into full swing. We wanted a low-key ceremony, elegant, but not too extravagant. Looking back, I think we got just that. The little chapel seated all those we invited just right. It was a difficult decision to only invite a certain few, but we had no choice due to the venue and a budget of debt we were willing to take on to have the memory we both wanted. I ended up spending more on my suit then Angel did on her dress, and the weeks leading up to the wedding dragged on as I out processed Fort Carson to head to North Carolina.

We were able to get time off, two months actually, the longest by 30 days since I joined the Army 8 years ago. During that time we would move and have a wedding in the process. I never thought we would be homeless when we had the wedding I thought we would never have (everything we owned occupied two little storage units in Colorado). Most everyone in the family was able to attend which made the time beyond memorable. Daniel did a fantastic job at leading the ceremony. Debe and Katy, as well as Debe's sister (Violet) did an amazing job at doing the finger-food style reception in the same small chapel we did the ceremony (the Ruston Chapel in Ruston, WA).

The event was absolutely perfect. The only thing that Angel would have had different was that she wished her bouquet wasn't the droopy waterfall style bouquet she never asked for. The cake was amazing thanks to Celebrity Cake Studios in Tacoma. Burned into my memory is the most beautiful women in the world that I finally got to see wearing the white dress I always dreamed I'd see my wife wear. I will never forget how cute Angel looked, blushing, as she practically ran down the aisle, as red in the face as she was the same day exactly 6 years prior. Although we used money we didn't really have, the ceremony was breathtaking for us. Kevin McFarland put us up in the Westin in Seattle and we had a wonderful night and morning. What a great time. I am so glad we decided to fork out the few extra bucks to get such a great photographer in Ryan Flynn, he is beyond gifted when it comes to using a camera. He gave us a great deal and we couldn't be happier with the timeless memories that reside in the pictures we have.

It only took 6 years, but we finally had our storybook wedding!


0 comments:

Post a Comment